HIPAA Service obtains Personal Data about you from various sources. “You” may be a visitor to one of our Sites (“Visitor”), a user of one or more of our Services (“User” or “HIPAA Service User”), or a direct or indirect customer of a User (“Customer”). If you are a Customer, your agreement with the relevant HIPAA Service User should explain how the HIPAA Service User shares your Personal Data with HIPAA Service. If you have questions about this sharing, then you should direct those questions to the HIPAA Service User.
2. Personal Data We Collect
- Personal Data that we collect about you
Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual, and can include information about how you engage with our Services (e.g. device information, IP Address). In many cases, the Personal Data that you provide directly to us through our Services will be apparent from the context in which you provide the data:
- When you register for a HIPAA Service account on our Site we collect your full name, email address, and account log-in credentials.
- When you fill-in our online form to contact our sales team, we ask for your name, contact information, country, and other information about your interest in our Services.
- When you authorize us to store information about you in connection with
- When you respond to HIPAA Service emails or surveys, we collect your email address, name and any other information you choose to include in the body of your email or responses. If you contact us by phone, we will collect the phone number you use to call HIPAA Service, as well as other information you may provide during the call. If you are a HIPAA Service User or Customer, when you contact us, we may collect additional information in order to verify your identity.
- If you are a HIPAA Service User, you will provide your contact details, such as name, postal address, telephone number, and email address. As part of your business relationship with us, we may also collect financial and personal information about you, such as your date of birth and government identifiers associated with you and your organization (such as your social security number, tax number, or Employer Identification Number). You may also choose to provide bank account information.
- If you are a Customer, when you make payments to, or transact with a User through HIPAA Service’s Services or a HIPAA Service provided device, we will receive your transaction information. If you are transacting directly with HIPAA Service, we receive the information directly from you. If you are transacting with a User, depending on how they integrated our Services, we may receive this information directly from you, from the HIPAA Service User or third parties. The information that we collect will include payment method information (such as credit or debit card number, or bank account information), purchase amount, date of purchase, and in some cases, some information about your purchases. Different payment methods may require the collection of different categories of information. The payment method information that we collect will depend upon the payment method that you choose to use from the list of available payment methods that are offered to you at the time of check-out. We may also receive your name, email, billing or shipping address and in some cases, your transaction history to authenticate you.
In connection with fraud monitoring, prevention, detection, and compliance activities for HIPAA Service and its Users, we receive identity related from the following sources:
- From Customers (including through their devices (e.g. IP Addresses)) related to Customers.
- From Users about themselves and their Customers, including as collected through our Services.
- From our business partners, financial service providers, identity verification services, and publicly available sources.
This Personal Data (e.g., name, address, phone number, country) helps us to confirm identities and prevent fraud. We may also use technology to assess the fraud risk associated with an attempted transaction by a Customer with a HIPAA Service User.
You may also choose to submit information to us via other methods, including: (i) in response to marketing or other communications, (ii) through social media or online forums, (iii) through participation in an offer, program or promotion, (iv) in connection with an actual or potential business relationship with us, or (v) by giving us your business card or contact details in connection with trade shows or other events.
- Information that we collect automatically on our Sites and through marketing of our products
- Browser and device data, such as IP Address, device type, operating system and Internet browser type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, plug-ins, add-ons and the language version of the Sites you are visiting.
- Usage data, such as time spent on the Sites, pages visited, links clicked, language preferences, and the pages that led or referred you to our Sites.
- Online activities. We collect information about your online activities on websites and connected devices over time and across third-party websites, devices, apps and other online services.
- We collect information when you engage with our marketing messages and when you click on links included in ads for our products. We use Google Analytics on our Sites to help us analyze your use of our Sites and diagnose technical issues.
3. How We Use Personal Data
- Our Services
We rely upon a number of legal grounds to enable our use of your Personal Data. We use Personal Data to facilitate the business relationships we have with our Users, to comply with our financial regulatory and other legal obligations, and to pursue our legitimate business interests. We also use Personal Data to complete transactions and to provide payment-related services to our Users.
- Marketing and events-related communications
We may send you email marketing communications about HIPAA Service products and services, invite you to participate in our events or surveys, or otherwise communicate with you for marketing purposes, provided that we do so in accordance with applicable law, including any consent requirements. For example, when you submit your contact information to us or when we collect your business contact details through our participation at trade shows or other events, we may use the information to follow-up with you regarding an event, send you information that you have requested on our products and services and, with your permission, include you on our marketing information campaigns.
We do not use, share, rent or sell the Personal Data of our Users’ Customers for interest-based advertising. We do not sell or rent the Personal Data of our Users, their Customers or our Site Visitors.
4. How We Disclose Personal Data
HIPAA Service does not sell or rent Personal Data to marketers or unaffiliated third parties. We share your Personal Data with trusted entities, as outlined below.
- HIPAA Service
We share Personal Data with other HIPAA Service affiliated entities in order to provide our Services and for our administration purposes.
- Service providers
We share Personal Data with certain of our service providers subject to contract terms that limit their use of Personal Data. We have service providers that provide services on our behalf, such as identity verification services, website hosting, data analysis, marketing service, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, and auditing services. These service providers may need to access Personal Data to perform their services. We authorize such service providers to use or disclose the Personal Data only to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We require such service providers to contractually commit to protect the security and confidentiality of Personal Data they process on our behalf.
- Business partners
We share Personal Data with third party business partners in connection with our Services to our Users. Examples of third parties to whom we may disclose Personal
- Our Users and third parties authorized by our Users
We share Personal Data with Users to maintain a User account and provide the Services and third party services. We share data with parties directly authorized by a User to receive Personal Data.
- Corporate transactions
- Compliance and harm prevention
We share Personal Data as we believe necessary: (i) to comply with applicable law, or rules imposed by payment method in connection with use of that payment method; (ii) to enforce our contractual rights; (iii) to protect the Services, rights, privacy, safety and property of HIPAA Service, you or others; and (iv) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence.
5. Your Rights and Choices
You may have choices regarding our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data:
- Opting out of receiving electronic communications from us
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may opt-out via the unsubscribe link included in such emails. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you other messages in connection with providing our Services.
- How you can see or change your account Personal Data
If you would like to review, correct, or update Personal Data that you have previously disclosed to us, you may do so.
- Your data protection rights
Depending on your location and subject to applicable law, you may have the following rights with regard to the Personal Data we control about you:
- The right to request confirmation of whether HIPAA Service processes Personal Data relating to you, and if so, to request a copy of that Personal Data;
- The right to request that HIPAA Service rectifies or updates your Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated;
- The right to request that HIPAA Service erase your Personal Data in certain circumstances provided by law;
- The right to request that HIPAA Service restrict the use of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as while HIPAA Service considers another request that you have submitted (including a request that HIPAA Service make an update to your Personal Data);
- The right to request that we export your Personal Data that we hold to another company, where technically feasible;
- Where the processing of your Personal Data is based on your previously given consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time; and/or
- In some cases, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data.
- Process for exercising data protection rights
We will comply with your request to the extent required by applicable law. We will not be able to respond to a request if we no longer hold your Personal Data. If you feel that you have not received a satisfactory response from us, you may have the right under applicable laws to consult with the data protection authority in your country.
For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before responding to your request, such as verifying that the email address from which you send the request matches your email address that we have on file. If we no longer need to process Personal Data about you in order to provide our Services or our Sites, we will not maintain, acquire or process additional information in order to identify you for the purpose of responding to your request.
If you are a Customer of a HIPAA Service User, please direct your requests directly to the User. For example, if you are making, or have made, a purchase from a merchant using HIPAA Service as a payment processor, and you have a request that is related to the payment information that you provided as part of the purchase transaction, then you should address your request directly to the merchant.
6. Security and Retention
7. International Data Transfers
Personal Data may be stored and processed in any country where we do business or our service providers do business. We may transfer your Personal Data to countries other than your own country, including to the United States. These countries may have data protection rules that are different from your country. When transferring data across borders, we take measures to comply with applicable data protection laws related to such transfer. Officials (such as law enforcement or security authorities) in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Data.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the UK or Switzerland, we comply with applicable laws to provide an adequate level of data protection for the transfer of your Personal Data to the US.
8. Use by Minors
The Services are not directed to minors, including children under the age of 13, and we request that they not provide Personal Data through the Services. In some countries, we may impose higher age limits as required by applicable law. We do not sell any Personal Data of Customers, Visitors or Users, including those aged between 13 to 16.
10. Links To Other Online Services